A dragon is guarding the treasure of a castle in the Forbidden Forest. This dragon can be killed only by using a sword that is safely secured in the castle. So a warrior has to reach the castle first, and, then kill the dragon. Once a warrior starts his journey through the forest he has only 45 seconds to reach the dragon. If the dragon is alive after 45 seconds the warrior will be dragged out of the forest by the monsters and he has to start off his journey all over again.
This board game is based on the concept described above. The red warrior (as seen in Figure 1) has to travel through the forest fighting along his way to the castle. Once he reaches the castle, he has to take the sword in the castle and kill the dragon behind the castle.
Figure 2: Game Instructions
Three main parts of the game are:
I) Movement of the Red Warrior
This is initiated by pressing the momentary switch (Red Button) and then pressing the pedal same number of times as the number appearing on the swing bar when the momentary switch is pressed and held.
II) Killing the Dragon
Once the warrior reaches the castle a sword is used to slash the throat of the dragon.
III) Celebrating victory
Enjoy the victory song, grab a candy without fail and take a snap to cherish the moment.
The step wise instructions for the game are as shown in Figure 2 and described in detail below:
1) The mode of difficulty for the game is selected by rotating the knob. This starts the game and is indicated by a blinking Green LED. Simultaneously, time starts off which is indicated by the rotation of the sand clock.
In this mode, if the player presses the pedal same number of times as the number appearing on the swing bar the red warrior moves forward by the exact number of steps until he reaches the castle. If the player presses the pedal wrong number of times then the red warrior does not move.
In this mode if the player presses the pedal the same number of times as the number appearing on the swing bar the red warrior moves forward by the exact number of steps. If the position red warrior moves to has a monster (shown in Figure 1) then the red warrior moves back by one step (in Figure 1, at positions 1&3). If the number of times button pressed is not the same as the number displayed on the swing bar the red warrior moves back by one step. This process continues until the red warrior reaches the castle.
2) The Red Button (momentary switch) is pressed and held till the player sees a definite number on the swing bar. The button should be released after the number is identified.
3) The circular pedal is then pressed to make the red warrior move forward. Based on the number appearing on the Swing Bar (which is identified in step 2) the pedal should be pressed same number of times.
4) Steps 2-3 are repeated until the red warrior reaches the castle.
5) Upon reaching the castle (it can be noticed that the eyes of the dragon start blinking) the player has to take the sword in the castle (shown in Figure 1) and slash the throat of the dragon (place the sword inside the dragon’s mouth). The dragon’s death is indicated by switching off of Red LEDs (its eyes). Simultaneously, the red warrior’s (the player's) victory is indicated by a song played in the background.
6) The red warrior is reset to the initial state after each game for the next player to start off.